Africa has produced some of the finest football players in history. From George Weah to Samuel Eto’o to Didier Drogba. And some of them have done really incredible things in the world of football. Let’s check them out.
1. Roger Milla (Oldest Player to Score a World Cup Goal): In the 1994 FIFA World Cup tournament, Cameroon football legend Roger Milla scored a goal against Russia at the age of 42, making him the oldest footballer ever to score in a FIFA World Cup match.
2. Jay-Jay Okocha (Most Completed Dribbles in a Single World Cup Match): In the USA ’94 match between Italy and Nigeria, Jay-Jay Okocha completed 15 dribbles, which is the most ever in a FIFA World Cup match.
3. Sadio Mane (Fastest Premier League Hat-trick): Mane broke Robbie Fowler’s record when he scored three goals for Southampton against Aston Villa in 2 minutes 56 seconds.
4. Mohamed Salah (Most Goals in a Premier League Season): The Egyptian talisman took the whole world by surprise when he scored 32 premier league goals in the 2017/2018 season, surpassing the records held by Shearer, Ronaldo and Suarez.
5. Yaya Toure (Most Passes in a Premier League Game): In a 3-0 win over Stoke City, had 168 attempted passes and 157 completed passes in a single premier league match, the most ever.